These are easy and delicious. I’m pretty certain any fruit would work in these. I use self rising flour and elimate the salt and baking powder. I got this recipe from http://www.inspiredtaste.net/18982/our-favorite-easy-blueberry-muffin-recipe
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for muffin top
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1/3 – 1/2 cup reduced fat (2 %) milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Then, line 8 standard-size muffin cups with paper liners. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to the 4 empty muffin cups (this helps to make sure the muffins bake evenly).
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder and the salt in a large bowl with a whisk. Whisk at least 10 times to make sure the baking powder and salt have evenly dispersed.
- Next, add vegetable oil to a measuring jug that holds at least 1 cup. Add the egg then fill the jug to the 1-cup line with milk (this should be 1/3 to a 1/2 cup of milk). Add vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with flour and sugar then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. Add blueberries and use a spatula or spoon to gently fold the blueberries into the muffin batter. Then, sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake blueberry muffins 15 to 20 minutes or until tops are no longer wet and a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out with crumbs, not wet batter. Transfer muffins to a cooling rack and cool completely.