4 cups peeled and diced potatoes, 1/2 cup minced onion, 2 cups chicken stock or one 13 3/4 oz can chicken broth, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp celery salt, 1/8 tsp. pepper and 2 cups milk.
Put all ingredients except milk in sauce pan and simmer until potatoes are done. Add milk. Soup may be thickened with a flour and milk mixture.
Fishing. Such great fun for two little boys on a warm Sunday afternoon. Temperatures here today are amazing. Mid 50’s. The sun is shining beautifully. The mother of these two boys had called while we were at church. She wanted to know if she could bring the boys to fish for a while. They had a great time.
I fixed a new recipe for lunch today. I got it from a blogger friend. It is called Amish 13 Bean and Sausage Chowder.
2 cups of 13 Bean Blend
1 qt. fresh water
2 tsp. butter
1 tsp. lemon juice
4 tsp chicken broth
4 cups potatoes (diced)
2 cups onions (diced)
1 1/2 cups celery (sliced with leaves)
1 can (15oz) yellow corn
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp sage
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 qt whole milk
1 cup light cream
3 Tbsp. Corn Starch
2 Tbsp. Flour
2 lbs of smoked sausage (sliced 3/8″)
1. Soak Bean in water overnight and drain.
2. Simmer the first 5 ingredients together in a heavy kettle for 30 minutes
3. Add the next 5 ingredients and cook another 15 minutes till potatoes are tender. (Do not stir much)
4. Add garlic salt, sage, black pepper & milk (Do not let boil)
5. Blend light cream, egg, corn starch & flour together in a bowl with a whip till smooth.
6. Slowly add the step #5 mixture and heat gently to thicken. Add sausage and Serve.
We liked it very much. I am taking the rest of it tonight to church for our fellowship meal. We will be having the soup, cornbread, pigs in a blanket, cake and ice cream. We have 3 more weeks after tonight on our study of II Corinthians.
Enjoy your evening and God bless.