HOMEMADE LIQUID LAUNDRY SOAP
1 Bar of Ivory Soap, Fels Naptha, or homemade laundry bar soap-grated= I use 2 cups grated homemade laundry bar soap
4 cups of Water
1 cup Washing Soda
1/2 cup Borax
3 Gallons Warm Water
1. In a saucepan, bring the 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the grated bar soap and stir until the soap is melted.
2. Fill a large pail or container with the 3 gallons of warm water. Add the washing soda and the borax. Stir until mixed.
3. Add the melted soapy mixture from your saucepan to the pail and stir.
4. Transfer to smaller containers, or cover your mixing container or pail with a lid, and let set for 24 hours, giving it a few stirs during that time.
4. Use 1/2 cup to 1 cup per load.
I have found that 1/2 cup does most normal loads but for heavily soiled laundry I use 3/4 to 1 cup.
I got this recipe from http://www.themakeyourownzone.com/2010/10/homemade-laundry-soap-what-you-need-to-know-plus-2-recipes.html
Hello everyone! I hope you are all having a wonderful, blessed Sunday. We are home today-no church-due to the snow we got on Thursday.
I have been wanting to try making our own body wash ever since I came across this recipe for it. So today is the day. I am making homemade liquid face wash. I divided the recipe by 4 as I just wanted to make 1 qt to try. I used 2/3 of a bar of aveeno clear complexion cleansing bar, 1 and 1/2 tsp glycerin and a qt of water. I’ll let you all know how we like it. I estimate the cost of this qt. to be about $2.00. I bought the aveeno soap at our local pharmacy and probably paid more for it than I would have at Wal-Mart. We have a big thing of shower gel right now that we are using but when this runs out I plan on making the gallon recipe using ivory soap. I think you could use any soap of your choosing. I like ivory and it is not expensive.
My quilt is coming along nicely. I finished all the 9 X 9 in. squares yesterday. Now to put them all together. I am thinking of a border but am undecided as of yet. A border would probably mean I would have to purchase material and I am wanting to make it all from scrap material I already have on hand. I hope to work some more on it today.
We were still cold this morning-16 degrees-but the wind is not blowing too much so it is not so bad. Well, that’s about all that’s going on here. Enjoy your day and God bless.