HOMEMADE LIQUID LAUNDRY SOAP
1 Bar of Ivory Soap, Fels Naptha, or homemade laundry bar soap-grated= I use 2 cups grated homemade laundry bar soap
4 cups of Water
1 cup Washing Soda
1/2 cup Borax
3 Gallons Warm Water
1. In a saucepan, bring the 4 cups of water to a boil. Add the grated bar soap and stir until the soap is melted.
2. Fill a large pail or container with the 3 gallons of warm water. Add the washing soda and the borax. Stir until mixed.
3. Add the melted soapy mixture from your saucepan to the pail and stir.
4. Transfer to smaller containers, or cover your mixing container or pail with a lid, and let set for 24 hours, giving it a few stirs during that time.
4. Use 1/2 cup to 1 cup per load.
I have found that 1/2 cup does most normal loads but for heavily soiled laundry I use 3/4 to 1 cup.
I got this recipe from http://www.themakeyourownzone.com/2010/10/homemade-laundry-soap-what-you-need-to-know-plus-2-recipes.html