- 1 stick butter melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2/3 cups flour (I use 2/3 cup whole wheat and 1 cup all purpose)
Freeze the whoopie pies for up to three days.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in the eggs, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon vanilla, the baking powder, the baking soda and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour.
- Using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, drop 12 generous mounds of batter, spaced evenly, onto each baking sheet. Bake until springy to the touch, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completelely
- Spread the flat side of 12 cakes with the cream cheese frosting. Top each with another cake.
I got this recipe from http://www.rachaelraymag.com/Recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/dessert-recipes/pumpkin-whoopie-pies
Leave a Reply