This is Vicki’s recipe for black bean burgers.
Baked Black Bean Veggie Burgers
1 (16oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 green bell pepper(I always leave this out)
1/2 onion(I use onion powder)
3 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
1 tsp hot sauce
1 cup breadcrumbs
1. Pre-heat oven to 375º.
2. Dry off the beans as much as possible. In a bowl, mash beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
3. Finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic and stir into mashed black beans.
4. In a small bowl, stir together egg, spices, and hot sauce.
5. Stir egg mixture into beans. Mix in the bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide the mixture into four patties.
6. Place patties on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes on each side.
Leave a Reply